What is your role at Big Brothers Big Sisters Lincoln? What do you do?
- I am the Enrollment and Match Coordinator at BBBSL. I have the privilege of enrolling volunteers (Bigs) and youth/families (Little's) into the program. I then get the opportunity to match Bigs and Littles by determining who would be a successful match based on preferences, interests and personality traits.
What drew you to Big Brothers Big Sisters Lincoln initially?
- When I was an undergraduate student, I chose to volunteer at a local mentoring organization as a mentor and work study student. I learned the ins and outs of the organization while also having a first hand experience of being a mentor. I quickly realized my passion lies within mentoring and have been honored to make a career out of it.
What is your favorite part about working for Big Brothers Big Sisters Lincoln?
- I enjoy meeting all of the people who are impacted by BBBSL. Whether that be volunteers, youth, families, donors, board members, staff and community partners. It's incredibly rewarding to see a match out in the community or to learn how a mentoring relationship is evolving by their Match Support Specialist.
Before working at Big Brothers Big Sisters Lincoln, what was the most interesting job you've ever had?
- An interesting job I had prior to BBBSL was working for Kearney Public Schools as a Home Visitor Specialist. I had the opportunity to attend several national conferences and trainings which took me to New York City, Palm Springs and St. Petersburg.
What is your favorite hobby?
- Some of my favorite hobbies include reading books, going on motorcycle rides and exploring the outdoors with my 2-year old son and Goldendoodle.