Could your little one use a Big?
As a parent, you recognize the potential of your child better than anyone. By giving your child the opportunity to be part of Big Brothers Big Sisters, you’re starting them down a path to an even brighter, more promising future.
It all starts with the right role models. And Big Brothers Big Sisters is the place to start a relationship with one. For over 40 years, due in large part to private donations, we’ve been able to recruit, screen, match and support mentoring relationships that have changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of young people across the country — one Little at a time.
You’ll feel the impact as much as your child.
A study for Big Brothers Big Sisters found that kids matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister:
- are more confident
- are more likely to steer clear of drugs and alcohol
- do better in school
- get along better with their family and friends
- feel better about themselves
You know what’s best for your child. So we’ll need your help from the start, providing information about your child’s strengths and needs, and ultimately approving the Big Brother or Big Sister match. But your role doesn’t end there. Parents and guardians are not just part of the process, they’re part of the success.
Safety from the start.
Your child's safety is extremely important to us. Big Brothers Big Sisters conducts a thorough background check on every volunteer in our program, and every relationship is closely monitored and supported by a professionally trained match coordinator.
Ready to enroll your child? Fill out an enrollment form here.
Please review our eligibility requirements for your child to be considered in our program:
- Must be between the ages of 7-16
- Must reside in Lincoln city limits
- Must make a 12-month commitment, meeting once a week, for a minimum of 4 hours a month
- Cannot be receiving any other 1-to-1 mentoring services in the community like Teammates or City Impact: Strengths For Life Mentoring
For more information about enrolling a child, please contact us at 402-464-2227.