- What is your role at Big Brothers Big Sisters Lincoln? What do you do?
I am currently working as a Match Support Specialist (MSS). Once a match is made they are assigned a Match Support Specialist (Me). As the MSS, I ensure the safety of all parties, provide consistent contact with mentors, mentees, and parents/guardians to help provide support, problem-solving, and feedback. I also give matches activity ideas and let them know about free opportunities like donated tickets.
- What drew you to Big Brothers Big Sisters Lincoln initially?
I always knew I wanted to work with youth to help them succeed and prosper so Big Brothers Big Sisters was a perfect fit!
- What is your favorite part about working for Big Brothers Big Sisters Lincoln?
I have been with BBBS Lincoln for 22 years - My time here has allowed me to see local youth grow into some amazing young adults who are now contributing to the Lincoln community. Seeing a youth that never thought they would go to college, let alone finish high school, and accomplish these things; It warms my heart.
- Before working at Big Brothers Big Sisters Lincoln, what was the most interesting job you've ever had?
Most people that know me from childhood were totally blown away that I started off my career assisting youth at Cedar's by working with teenage girls and then moved to BBBS Lincoln where I interviewed volunteers and families and spent much of my time talking with individuals over the phone. You may ask why people were surprised by my career path - Well it was because I never really spoke during grade school due to being deathly shy!
- What is your favorite hobby?
Reading! I am a bookworm.